Dear church

I was driving into work a few mornings ago and it sunk in that Trevor would be telling you all that were going to be starting something new in the Arizona Nazarene District. I was a little sad all day and probably will be for some time. I love each and every one of you. You have given my family so much. 


As a pastor’s wife, there are times where you do not get much say or have a chance to say what’s on your heart; this is what is on mine. 


I dated Trevor after he had been at Tempe Naz for a short time. You all trusted me with your teenagers and allowed me to go on trips with them; I never took that responsibility lightly. I will never forget the honor of being trusted with the care and spiritual leading of your soon to be adult child. Please always remember how much Trevor and I love your children, so much. We poured everything we had into them. I am, and have been, grieving leaving them. I have and always will have a special place for each of the youth in my heart. They are all so special and give Trevor and I incredible joy. 


Thank you for loving my husband. Even before we got married, you all fed him, made sure he was cared for, and made sure he felt loved. It was a blessing to watch that from afar and up close. I never had to worry if he was cherished or cared for by you. Thank you. That gave me peace. 


You all may not know this but you helped us when we first had Carson. With the way my work is structured I was down to less than half my paycheck for a month and a half during maturity leave. We knew it was coming and we were one week away from having to decide if we were buying groceries or making a student loan payment. All of you fed us for over a week and made sure we did not live off of peanut butter and rice. I knew you all loved my son, husband, and I beyond words by your selfless act. I never have questioned how much you love us. That was a genuine gift we could never thank you enough for.


There are numerous examples and treasured stories I could give you that have impacted me more than you know and will stay with me till I die. We are grieving the process of leaving Tempe Naz, fortunately we are a few cities away. My hope is that you all see that it is not just the pastor or youth pastor that is in ministry, it is you too, as you were ministering to my family and I the entire time.


It was glorious to be with you all for five years. I will always look back on all the memories I have at Tempe Naz with a smile on my face, a small tear in my eye, and a heart full of love. May God bless you all and continue to do good things through you.


Shalom and love,


Rachelle 

Comments

Popular Posts